Monday, May 26, 2014

Ballet Illuminations

Bonjour! I finally have time to return to here and make a simple update for this blog as I had my really packed schedule for the past two weeks and whenever there was little leisure time,take a rest/reading/hang out with friends always comes to mind before blogging. Sometimes,I really hate myself for being such a procrastinator. Alright,I should just stop the opening remarks and begin blogging about me attending a ballet performance at Penang Pac,Straits Quay.


As long as I got the news of this show,I went all the way from mainland to island to purchase the early-bird-price-tickets for my friends and myself. How could I miss this rare opportunity right. Remembering the first ballet performance I watched last year was 'Men In Tutus' ,an extraordinary and hilarious all-male comedy ballet show,also at Penang Pac.

Win Vien,the sweetie pie. She is my friend's sis a.k.a my neighbour,learning ballet as well.

After having our hasty dinner at Burger King,we rushed to Straits Quay immediately. When we arrived  at Penang Pac,the show had already started so we were asked to wait patiently outside the hall until they finished the first part of the performance. What to do? Took pictures lor.

Sowee Ng (my naive and super childish friend,3 years younger than me)


It was a pity we missed the first part of the show although according to my other friends who watched it ,they said it was not as stunning as the second dance. How amazed am I to see those danseurs and danseuses dancing on pointe like wearing the normal leather ballet shoes. Do they feel painful dancing with pointe shoes for hours on end ? Of course they do. But after days and years of persevering,they managed to do it. The most beautiful spirit every dancer should possess.


Having fun with the lil kiddy in front of the camera while the authority gave us a short 15-min break. 

The last part of the show was seriously cute and it's not classical and graceful as what people usually think about ballet. It could be described as a mischievous one,every dancer had a whistle with them to create sound effects. I heard an explosion of loud laughter inside the hall,everyone was awoke after the boring contemporary dance.

With one of the performers. 
P/s: spot the couple bear hugging inside the photo? haha

After all,we went to Starbucks to have a drink and discussed where to go next. Winvien begged us let her to join us for the next station so I asked her to phone her mom to ask for permission.

I actually recorded a video of her 'asking permission' from her mommy but too bad my friend deleted that video. How excited she was after her mom allows her to join us!
So we headed to Maoz CafĂ© at mainland. All of us shared a slice of crepe cake. 

Good times end in a blink of eye,in order not to worry their parents,I sent them back after a while. We managed to reach home before 12:30am,the beginning of a new day. 

*ends*


   

Yours truly,xoxo
Clover















No comments:

Post a Comment